The Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) is important for the California Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA), whose mission is to advance and secure the interests of California purchasers. BAR gives a wide scope of buyer security administrations, including:
- Registers and controls around 36,000 California car fix vendors.
- Licenses Smog Check stations, experts, and controllers.
- Licenses brake and light stations and agents.
- Intervenes car fix grievances, sparing California purchasers a great many dollars every year as immediate discounts, revamp, and charge changes.
- Explores and makes a disciplinary move against licensees who disregard the law.
- Controls and authorizes the Smog Check Program.
- Assists with keeping California's air clean by diminishing air contamination created by engine vehicles.
Bureau of Automotive Repair Online Resources